The ending of 2011 was kind of bittersweet, as it was such a memorable year for me! The birth of my daughter, the birth of my nephew, getting engaged to my best friend, picking out our wedding venue, and my wedding dress, Averi's first Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, and so many more wonderful memories! Though, I couldn't be more excited to begin the new year, as there will be many unforgettable events in the next 12 months. David, Averi and I brought in the New Year at my older sister's house in South Austin with my parents, aunt, and of course Stacy, Jonathan, and Mason. We had so much fun visiting, munching on yummy treats, and playing some hilarious games!
Started the New Years Eve festivities hanging out (literally!) with Dad.
Little M in his New Years attire!
Love this sweet picture of the babies with the Grandparents!
Here is where the gaming pictures start, forgive me for the couple of blurry photos, my subjects were playing so intently, it was hard to catch them!
Aunt Lynn and Mason cheering on the contestants!
Mom got pretty into the game, as you can see..
Daddy loving on Ave.
That sums up my pictures (the one's worth posting, anyway) from NYE at Stacy's! It was a wonderful time with even more wonderful people! I have been thinking about what I want to get out of the New Year, and in my thought process, I have realized that there are things I need to try harder at, or things I need to start doing altogether in order to get the best out of 2012. Some of those things include:
- Trusting God when things get tough, and understanding that we are on his time, not on ours.
- Realizing when the battle is worth fighting, or when it is one to surrender.
- Making sure my family and soon-to-be husband know how thankful I am for them, and how much I love them.
- Getting back to eating healthy, and exercising daily! This is a must, not only for our health, but for our wedding pictures! ;-)
- Being the best mother I can be to Averi, and making sure The lord is in her heart from the very beginning.
- Making sure that David knows I will always support him and love him unconditionally, and that I am SO SO SO excited to become Mrs. Moreno!
I could go on and on, but these are a couple of the thoughts that stood out to me. I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Years Eve and Day! Gotta get to bed, we are meeting with a wedding photographer tomorrow, and I am so excited! You can expect a blog post on how it went!
-Love to you all-